Several recent advances have enhanced the safety and efficacy of liposuction
- Powered Liposuction
- Laser Lipolysis
- Non-invasive methods of Lipolysis
Powered Liposuction (PAL)
Powered liposuction uses machines to overcome certain disadvantages of manual liposuction, which are:
- The procedure is tiring.
- Large sessions: thighs, buttocks are difficult.
- Difficulties in certain areas such as male breasts, flanks.
- All these factors lead to fatigue, leg pain, muscle pain for the surgeon.
- Limited amount of fat extraction.
- Prolonged duration of surgery.
- For the patient, this leads to a prolonged procedure, tiredness, and inadequate fat extraction.
Advantages of powered liposuction
- Reduces manual to-and-fro movements, and reduces work for the surgeon.
- Reduces time of procedure.
- Enhances fat suction.
- Greater control, precision, and accuracy.
- Decreased postoperative pain, bruising, swelling leading to faster recovery.
- Improved overall outcome and fewer touch-up surgeries.
We use machines from euromi and Microair.
We also use infiltration machines to hasten infiltration.
The result is enhanced fat extraction in lesser time.
Excellent results can be achieved as below.
Abdomen before (A) and after (B) after liposuction
Gynaecomastia (before and after)
Laser lipolysis is a great value addition to liposuction. It can be done either with suction or without suction (laser lipolysis). It is a simple procedure.
- Laser helps in initial destruction and subsequent smooth suction.
- Helps tackle larger areas.
- Useful for tight areas such as upper chest.
- We now routinely aspirate up to 6.5-7 liters, and hence accept very obese patients (>110kgs).
- In addition, it tightens the skin and has a very good safety profile.
Non-invasive skin tightening: We also use Nd:YAG laser for external lipolysis and bipolar and quadripolar RF machines for skin tightening. These devices help in treating any residual fat.